I was born and raised in Winnipeg. I graduated from the University of Winnipeg in Conflict Resolution Studies and I work for a non-profit mediating small and large disputes. As we decide what is most important for our schools, and seek to meet the needs of our teachers, students and parents, effective conflict resolution skills will be key.
I have lived a life of community service. For over 20 years, I have been involved in various community organizations and initiatives, ranging from youth activities, to interfaith dialogue, to charitable fundraising.
I feel strongly about quality education for all children and promise to work hard to foster love of learning and altruism in our future generations. In the 21st century, I believe that key to the success of our schools will be effective governance, use of technology and strong partnerships with teachers and parents. Together we can take our schools to new heights!
- Attended public school in Winnipeg and in rural Manitoba.
- Bachelor of Arts in Conflict Resolution Studies from University of Winnipeg.
- Married with three children, one attending elementary and two attending middle school in Pembina Trails.
- Vice President of Family Mediation Manitoba
- Member of Restorative Justice Association of Manitoba
- Member of Winnipeg Mosaic Interfaith Group
- Co-Founder of Community Alive
- Manitoba Islamic Association volunteer
- Secretary for parent advisory council for Bairdmore school.
- Resettlement support volunteer for newcomers.
- Youth programs coordinator and volunteer.
Community volunteer to various organizations such as Winnipeg Harvest, Habitat for Humanity and United Way Winnipeg to name a few.
- Community & court diversion mediator, facilitator and conflict resolution coach.
- Conflict resolution trainer to students and school administrations.
- Public speaker on topics of conflict resolution, diversity, immigration and interfaith.
- Served as co-chair and member of various organizing conference committees.
- Committee member to various fundraising initiatives for disaster relief and orphan sponsorships.